Qvisten Animation is looking to recruit a Production Manager for feature films, who shares our passion for great storytelling, loveable characters and the unlimited possibilities of animation. Our films aim to gather and entertain the whole family and at the same time tell emotional stories with depth and educational value. If you love to work with and organize a bunch of talented creative artists, you are the one!
Starting asap and based in our Oslo studio until summer 2023.
While the Line producer focuses on the preparation of the budget, initial schedule and negotiation of contracts, the Production Manager executes the decisions that have been taken. The Production Manager is responsible for running the production on schedule, on budget and to the standards of Qvisten. The Production Manager works closely with the studio management to ensure that the crew has what they need and that the production is going according to the project plan towards reaching our goals.
You will be the ‘go to’ person and first in line for any questions in regards to the progress of the production and deliveries, as well as other questions about the performance of it.
- Support the Line Producer in the preparation of a production plan and planning of available resources for efficient implementation both within and between departments.
- Follow up production plans, the progress of them and ensure that the departments work towards the set goals and deadlines.
- Plan with the available resources to optimize the efficiency within each department.
- Report challenges regarding the production and progress of it as early as possible to the line producer and help finding solutions.
- Keep track of statuses of assets and shots in our production management system and ensure assets are ready for the next step in the pipeline.
- Organize and schedule meetings with line producers, supervisors and artists, such as Dailies.
- Work closely with the Line Producer and the Department Supervisors creating and improving on workflows to optimize efficiency and communication.
- Building a great team spirit within the project, ensuring everyone is performing to the standards of Qvisten.
- Communicate and follow up remote artists.
- Coordinate the production of marketing materials and other deliveries related to the film.
- Understand health, environment and safety and legislation concerning employment.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Be highly self-led.
- Ability to handle various software within project management.
- Enjoys to motivate and lead teams with enthusiasm while working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate needs, be solution-oriented and have good prioritization skills
- Knowledge of digital tools for clips and graphics.
- Be self-organized.
- Contribute to building and strengthening Qvisten as a brand.
- Strive to achieve Qvisten’s vision, values, goals and strategy.
- Knowledge of 3d Animation or VFX workflows.
- Knowledge of Production Management software like Shotgrid, Ftrack or other scheduling software.
- Comfortable working in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in animation or vfx.
- Experience in scheduling and managing animation or vfx teams across multiple departments.