If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be part of a passionate team that loves animation, and you are highly competent at compositing, please contact us.
Compositors create the final image of a frame, shot or sequence. They take different digital elements; like the animations, background plates, graphics and special effects (SFX) and put them together to make a believable picture.
– The compositors are responsible for constructing the final image by combining layers of previously created material.
– Creatively combine all the elements into the final image, ensuring that the established style of the project is respected and continuity is maintained.
– Work closely with lighters and need to have technical knowledge of how 3D lighting works in order to understand the ‘multi passes’ that the lighters create. They also liaise closely with render wranglers to progress work through the department.
– Produce well under pressure, work in short timeframes, manage time and schedules efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality
– Compositors need a thorough understanding of the CG process combined with relevant artistic skills.
– Compositors need to keep up to date with technological developments within their field.
– Knowledge of the animation production pipeline: have a thorough understanding of the computer-generated animation process
– Working to deadlines: work within given timeframes, be able to complete work under pressure
– Attention to detail: be able to scrutinise the media and work on compositions until they appear cohesive and consistent
– Art: have a good eye, recognise what makes an image look good in terms of lighting effects, colour, composition and perspective
– Strive to achieve Qvisten vision, values, goals and strategy.
– Contribute to build and strengthen Qvisten as a brand