Qvisten is looking for a Pipeline TD for a one year contract
Qvisten is the biggest animation studio in Norway, and we are well known for our feature-, CG and stop motion movies. We now see the need to strengthen our tech team. Today our team consists of two well experienced people from the field and the company.
Our main software currently includes Maya, Houdini, Arnold, Nuke, Deadline and Premiere, with a inhouse MysQL/PyQt based production management system. We are primarily Windows based, but are slowly moving towards Linux.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help and troubleshoot problem the different productions are struggling with
- Development and maintenance of applications and creative pipeline tools and techniques to improve productivity
- Aid in develop our core pipeline
- Provides weekly updates on Pipeline development status meetings
- Keeps up on current technology trends and tools
- Work both independently and cooperatively with the rest of the team.
We are looking for you who have:
- Experience from either the VFX, animation or movie industry
- Expert knowledge of Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Git knowledge
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in english
- Experience with relational databases and SqlAlchemy.
- Experience with Shotgun, Ftrack or similar – including working with their APIs
- Render management software
- Editorial workflows, experience with OTIO
- Cloud rendering, cloud based workflow (we currently use Azure)
- Sysadmin skills is a big plus
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Arnold, Deadline
- Linux experience is a bonus
We find that different skill sets can work in this position, so I encourage you to apply if you find this position to be interesting.
Startdate, as soon as possible.
What can we offer?
- A chance to have a big impact on the future direction of Qvisten pipeline
- Work together with a professional team of Artist and Pipeline developers
- The option to work remote, inhouse or a combination of both