The CG Layout Supervisor / DOP will lead the layout-artists and animators in setting up shots in 3D. The CG Layout Supervisor / DOP will work closely with the director in translating their vision of the film, based on the storyboards/animatic, into the 3D environment. His/her main priority is to help create a dynamic and cinematic film and execute it by inspiring the artists. As well as supervising, the CG Layout Supervisor will be required setting up his/her own sequences within our pipeline leading by example.
- Strong knowledge of Cinematography and good understanding of story and scene layout.
- Proven ability to produce high-level camera work with an in-depth knowledge of composition.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of composition, staging and framing rules.
- Experience in cg camera animation and scene set-up.
- Knowledge and understanding of 3D software such as Autodesk Maya.
- Experience of translating storyboards to 3D.
- Knowledge of traditional camera techniques and principles
- Character animation and posing
- 6 months full time position starting mid august – 1 sept 2021 at latest.
- Work from our studio in Oslo (if covid restrictions allow)
A normal workday in Norway is 7,5 hours, from 9 am to 5 pm including half an hour lunch break. The classic Norwegian lunch consists of sandwiches and salads.
If you occasionally are asked to work more than 9 hours a day or 40 hours a week you get a 40% extra overtime pay.
If you need to stay home due to illness you still get paid, but after three days out of the office, you need a sick leave from a doctor.
In Norway you have paid holidays. 10,2% of your gross salary from the previous year is paid when you go on vacation. Normally 4 weeks vacation per year, and usually during the summer months.
Qvisten Animation organizes a lot of social gatherings for the employees to get together and see eachothers work, followed by drinks and snacks. We arrange several events during the year at the cinema, gamenights, moviewraps and summerbreak parties.