Qvisten Animation is looking for artists available for short term work preferable on-site, but off-site considered.
We are looking for creature artists who master quadrupeds and the technicality required to send the asset down the pipeline.
You will sculpt and model 3D models of creatures working closely with the Art Department to transfer the idea behind the design into 3D without losing the character’s feel from the concept. You will also work closely with the rigging department to make sure the rigging requirements to the mesh is met.
- Sculpt and Model 3D Creatures that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset you create meets the requirements of those downstream.
- Work closely with the head of the department and the rest of the team to deliver quality assets on time
We consider the position a specialist position where you will mainly work with creatures. Some other modeling, organic and hard surface, might be required.
The engagement will initially involve 1-2 months of work from early/mid June 2019.
Skills & Requirements
- previous experience from full length animation, short films or commercials.
- a good understanding of heavy asset animation pipelines
- a good eye for shapes and volume.
- a good understanding of human and animal anatomy
- good problem solving skills
- good communication skills
- ability to get the best out of your team and be a supportive team player. We are not a factory, but a Studio.
As a CG Creature Artist you are expected to handle the following:
- uv mapping
- cloth modeling (either with MD or poly modeling)
- hair / grooming
- python scripting knowledge
- basic rigging
Our studio is set up with these software packages, but we are always open to try out any software that will get the job done. In the end we are looking for output and we are not religious about our software. However, our pipeline is built around Maya so as a minimum, assets will be assembled and published in Maya.
- Substance Painter
- Substance Designer
- The Adobe Suite
- Speed Tree
- Marvellous Designer
If you lack any of the above, but still feel you have a strong portfolio, please consider applying. We are always looking for talent and you might fit another position or be a valuable asset to the team somehow!